Lose yourself in our Dens of Creativity
Whanganui: the eclectic art capital of Aotearoa
March 15th - 24th 2024
From flying EU to Belgian Congo in the 1950's to saving Whanganui Airport in 2016 this classic Convair airlinerdone it all! She's now swapped the swamps and jungle of the Congo for the swamps and jungle of Castlecliff International Airport (aka Artport) and duties as an airliner for service as a unique art studio with coffee.
- UZU Japanese food by Satoru
- fresh ground coffee and cold drinks
- GlenMacMillan - artist in metal casting and assemblage. For 2024 Glen's work focuses on reuse and upcycling
- Fiona Thomas - painting, assemblage and mixed-media artist
- Loulou Krebs - painting, sketching and mixed media
- Mike Irving - from Waverly Mike expresses his art in useable upcycled metal and native timbers. For 2014 Mike is producing a range of tables and other objects made from the scrapped wings of the Convair.
Where else can you take some time out with good food and drinks, become acquainted with the work of 4 different artists and maybe leave with part of the studio (maybe a table made from the wings of a 70 year old aircraft you've visited, possibly flown in and that is part of both the past and future of Whanganui?)
NO PARKING ONSITE - Park on tarsealed end of Seafront Road and walk down track to studio. The unsealed track has limited turning options and is not be suitable for non 4x4 vehicles