Te Taonga Toi O Aotearoa
The Arts Destination Of New Zealand
Artists Open Studios was founded in 2001 by established Whanganui artists Sue Cooke and Catherine Macdonald.
From an organic event conceived and organised by a group of studio owners, headed by Catherine McDonald and Sue Cooke, Artists Open Studios has blossomed into the largest, longest running and most diverse arts trail event in New Zealand. Along the way it has seen countless volunteers, coordinators, trust members and participants alike, put their creativity, passion and commitment into this event.
Artists Open Studios has long been a draw card for the town and has raised the profile not only of the visual arts but of the city itself. It has attracted new residents (AOS Chair Neil Buddle included!) and brought a real economic boost to the creative sector and the city.
In recognition of this, the event for a large part of its history, has been supported by the Whanganui District Council and other sponsors and stakeholders, through a variety of partners and agreements. This support has never come easily and has never been able to be taken for granted.
It is a testament to the creative people of Whanganui that this event has not only survived its childhood and grown throughout its teens, to become the proud adult it is today.
Artists Open Studios is held annually over two consecutive weekends in March, with other events and workshops held during the week between.
Artists Open Studios is owned by the Artists Open Studios Trust.
Artists Open Studios 2020 - Instagram Giveaway Terms & Conditions
- Selected winner must be following openstudios.whanganui on Instagram
- The winning post must feature an artwork purchased from a previous Artists Open Studios event
- The hashtag #AOS2020 must be used in the post description AND the details of artist and/or studio the work is from
- User profile must be public so we’re able to view the post
- We will select a winner of the $250 AOS Voucher on Friday 13th March 2020, and notify them via Direct Message on Instagram
- AOS Voucher MUST be collected from the Starting Point Exhibition, 19 Taupo Quay before 12pm on Sunday 29th March 2020.
This promotional giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram.